Prescription drug coverage is built into Blue Cross Medicare AdvantageSM. The drug list, also called a formulary, includes both brand name and generic drugs. It will also tell you:
- About your drug’s co-payment
- Whether limitations to coverage exist like:
- Prior authorization
- Quantity limits
- Step therapy
You may save money by switching from brand drugs to generic drugs. These drugs:
- Have the same active ingredient formula as brand name drugs
- Usually cost less than brand name drugs
- Are rated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be as safe and effective as brand name drugs
Keep in mind, to receive your full pharmacy benefits, you should use:
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage network pharmacies, including our home delivery pharmacy service, AllianceRx Walgreens Prime (except in an emergency). Using an out-of-network pharmacy may result in less than full reimbursement for out-of-pocket costs.
- A preferred pharmacy which may result in lower member out-of-pocket cost.
Also, when using AllianceRx Walgreens Prime, preferred network pharmacies, or select network pharmacies, you may have the ability to:
- Purchase a 90-day supply of a prescription drug
2020 Formulary List of Covered Drugs
Use the Drug Finder tool to find the most up-to date list of medicines covered by each plan.
|2020 Basic Plan Drug Formulary||HMO|
|2020 Select Plans Drug Formulary||HMO|
2020 Choice Plus Plans Drug Formulary
If you need assistance with additional plan documents please call customer service at 1-877-774-8592 TTY/TDD: 711.
Blue Cross®, Blue Shield® and the Cross and Shield Symbols are registered service marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans.
Prime Therapeutics LLC has an ownership interest in AllianceRx Walgreens Prime, a central specialty pharmacy and mail services company. Prime Therapeutics LLC, provides pharmacy benefit management services for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico and is owned by 18 Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans, subsidiaries or affiliates of those plans.