New Mexico seniors looking for complete protection overwhelmingly choose Medicare Supplement Insurance High Deductible Plan F* over any other plan. This plan offers the most benefits of any of the plans. This plan gives you the flexibility you need to receive the same dependable benefits while helping you save on premiums. By agreeing to share certain health care costs, you can receive complete protection when you need it most.
- Part A deductible and coinsurance
- 365 extra days of hospital care after Medicare coverage ends
- Part B Medicare deductible
- Part B coinsurance and the cost of the first three pints of blood
- 100 percent of Part B excess charges
- Skilled nursing facility copayment
- Hospice care
- 80 percent of Foreign travel emergency care (after $250 deductible, up to $50,000 lifetime)
What You Can Expect to Pay
The cost-sharing feature of Medicare Supplement Insurance High Deductible Plan F means that you pay an annual deductible (excluding premiums) that would ordinarily be paid by your plan. Sharing these costs significantly reduces your premium amount, saving you money. You will pay an annual deductible of $2,370 before benefits start.
This includes your Medicare deductibles for Part A and Part B but does not include the $250 foreign travel emergency deductible. By paying this annual deductible, you can significantly reduce your monthly premium while still benefiting from the comprehensive coverage.
does not pay in 2021
|Expenses covered by our plans|
|Plan A||Plan B||Plan F||High
|Part A (Hospital Services)**|
|$370 per day
days 61-90 in
|$742 per day
you use your
first three pints
|$176.00 per day
for days 21-100
in a skilled
|Part B (Physician’s Care and Medical Services)|
|$203 Part B
20% for most
except up to $20
copayment for office
visit and up to $50
Medicare Part B
|Additional Expenses Not Covered by Medicare
care received in
* Plan F also has an option called a high-deductible Plan F. This high-deductible plan pays the same or offers the same benefits as Plan F after one has paid a calendar year $2,370 deductible. Benefits from high-deductible Plan F will not begin until out-of-pocket expenses are $2,370.
Out-of-pocket expenses for this deductible are expenses that would ordinarily be paid by the policy. These expenses include the Medicare deductibles for Part A and Part B but do not include the plan’s separate foreign travel emergency deductible.
** Hospital benefits must be provided by facilities participating with Medicare. Payments are limited to the reasonable charge as determined by Medicare.
*** After 90 days of hospitalization, Medicare benefits are paid from a one-time lifetime reserve of 60 additional days (days 91-150) which are not renewable each benefit period. See your Outline of Coverage for details and limitations of these benefits.
† After $203 Part B deductible is met for Plans A, B, F, High Deductible Plan F, and Plan N.
†† Foreign Travel Emergency covered at 80% after first $250 each is paid each calendar year; up to $ 50,000-lifetime maximum.
*Not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or Federal Medicare Program